Monday 18 November 2013

Texturing with DDO and using new maps

Using DDO is great when you want to add general dirt or small scratches to your models texture, it also creates spec maps, AO maps and a few useful others with just using the Normal map that you have baked out.

To create my Albedo map, I made a colour map for DDO to recognise, using this as reference.

















The main texture I was trying to reach was a pale wood sort of colour, along with some sort of rough skin for the blade. I simply colour picked from this pallete and coloured the AO with the appropriate colours.

After DDO had created my texture maps I was able to edit them, adding dirt and dust to areas, also lowering spec values and roughness values.

It was great for editing maps with just the use of a slider.

No comments:

Post a Comment